Praise Band (Year-Round)
Areas: piano/keyboard, bass guitar, acoustic/electric guitar, drums, violin, vocals
Requirements: Interview/audition, proficient ability, practice availability
- Combining Christ-centered, biblical hymns & choruses, our worship team is responsible for leading our church in worship through music each Sunday. Our praise band consists of a rotation of musicians who help to lead our 10:00 service- vocals, guitar, piano, drums, bass... a little bit of everything, and a somewhat different lineup each week. They lead the congregation in praise songs and hymns throughout the service, and often will share new songs and special music as well.
- We welcome new Christian musicians, but because members of the praise band take such a direct role in leading the worship service, we ask that any new members be regular attenders.
Calvary Choir (Fall-Spring)
Areas: soprano, alto, tenor, bass, Ability to sing on pitch, Thursday night practice availability
Sound Team (Year-Round)
Areas: sound board operator, sound assistant (set-up/tear down/recording), projection operator (ProPresenter, Videos), light board operator
Requirements: willing/teachable heart, technical aptitude (will train), Thursday night practice availability (for sound board operators & projection operators)
- Our sound techs are an essential part of our ministry that help to ensure that each service runs smoothly. We generally have two people in the soundbooth at each service to run our soundboard and powerpoint slides. We have regular sound training sessions throughout the year, so no experience is necessary (although an ear for music is helpful for mixing sound levels!). Schedules are coordinated on an as-available basis. Anyone 16 or older is welcome to serve.
- Vocal/Instrumental Solos, Duets, Trios, Mixed Groups usually featured once a month during our time of offering.
- Children’s Choir (Seasonal)
If you are interested in these opportunities, please contact the church office.